Thursday, August 9, 2012

2 more days!

I have 2 more days to prepare my classroom for the first day of school.  I have my PowerPix board, Super Improvers, Practice Cards, 5 Rules, and Scoreboard ready.  I have written the 1st days lessons on the board, based on the WBT videos "The First Hour" and "Day One".  In addition I have filled out my lesson plans for the week using the information from "Week One Goals".  I will take pictures of all of this to post tomorrow.

As I speak to other teachers, it makes my feel more confident in my choice to use Whole Brain Teaching in my classroom.  Other teachers are voicing nervousness about what to teach during the first days of school.  I can tell them with confidence that I know what I am going to do, because I am using Whole Brain Teaching.  My class roster is going to be challenging this year.  I have students with special needs, severe behavior issues, and extremely high achieving students all in one class.  It seems like a perfect time to be using the WBT strategies!

As a teacher new to these strategies there is still quite a lot for me to learn.  I have many questions that I need answered.  I have not watched the videos on Oral Writing or The Genius Ladder, so those are 2 areas that I will need to learn more about.  In addition I am wondering how I will ever have enough room for all of the Power Pix.  Is it OK to take them down at each trimester?  Should I put new Power Pix over the old ones when I run out of room?




No comments:

Post a Comment